The Pontifical Mission Societies, Archdiocese of Onitsha – Nigeria, joins the Universal Church and Pontifical Mission Societies in particular to celebrate this year 2022 as they mark a series of important milestones:
- 400th anniversary of the Sacred Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith, which later became the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples;
- 200th anniversary of the foundation of the Society for the Propagation of the Faith;
- 100th anniversary of the pontifical recognition of the Society for the Propagation of the Faith, the Missionary Childhood Association and the Society of St. Peter the Apostle;
- Beatification of Pauline Jaricot, founder of the Society for the Propagation of the Faith;
- 150th anniversary of the birth of Blessed Paolo Manna, founder of the Pontifical Missionary Union.
To bring it to the grassroots, the HCA children as directed by the National PMS Secretariat of Nigeria staged a Round Table discussion on the whole event. To bring it Home, the whole Church was represented as could be seen in the discussion: the Church Hierarchy – a Bishop, a Priest, a Religious and a laity represented by a Lady Knight of St Moulumba.
The celebration involved all the HCA children of the Archdiocese of Onitsha. They had also quiz competition and recitation all centered on the unique event.
Sr. M. Bennet Azuka Ezeokoli, Onitsha Archdiocesan PMS Director