From 7 - 11 October 2019 in Pakistan, a meeting of missionary formation and renewal of the clergy was held on the occasion of the Extraordinary Missionary Month which the PMS celebrated on both a diocesan and national level.
The PMS national team along with His Excellency Msgr. Samson Shukardin, held several meetings to celebrate this great event in the local Church and help the clergy renew and strengthen their commitment to the pastoral care and service in the community.
All the dioceses organized an official opening Mass in which all priests, religious and faithful participated, thanking God for the gift of the Catholic faith and the missionaries who planted the Church in that part of the world.
The diocesan Directors and their collaborators arranged different programs for families, youth and children.
During the formation meeting, the speakers (bishops and men and women religious) talked about the following themes:
- family, domestic Church as source of evangelization;
- the theology of mission; a reflection on the Post-Synodal Exhortation Ecclesia in Asia by Saint John Paul II;
- the topic of the Extraordinary Missionary Month: ‘Baptized and Sent’;
- the Missio ad Gentes, thoughts on the meaning of the Extraordinary Missionary Month;
- presentation of the various activities of the Pontifical Mission Societies in dioceses and the planning of the Extraordinary Missionary Month activities in the Multan diocese, suffragan of the archdiocese of Lahore and a detailed presentation of the Pontifical Mission Societies' service in Pakistan.